New: We've just partnered with LMG to offer you a national gig guide. Check it out!

Win With Crystal Head Vodka

Blue Brothers' head honcho Dan Aykroyd makes one of the purest vodkas in the world and we want to gift you a hamper!

7 Dec 2017 / Competition / written by TATC Staff

Encased in an iconic skull-head bottle, Crystal Head Vodka is a multi-award winning, additive-free, ultra-premium vodka that has just entered the South African market. Founded in 2008 by actor, musician and entrepreneur Dan Aykroyd, Crystal Head Vodka places a dominant emphasis on purity – in fact, it’s one of the purest vodkas in the world. Untouched and naturally smooth, Crystal Head contains no additives: no glycerol, citrus oils, gluten or sugars. Nothing is added to enhance or mask the taste.

“Our ultra-premium vodka is one of the cleanest vodkas you’ll ever taste,” says Ackroyd “we don’t use any additives such as sugar, citrus oils, or glycerol to mask or enhance the flavours. We don’t now, nor will we ever use any of these additives.”

Produced using the pristine waters sourced from glacial aquifers, it is distilled four times and filtered seven times, three of those times through Herkimer diamonds. It also features a striking, one of a kind bottle designed by American artist, John Alexander.

So we’re giving away one of these sought after bottles and to enter all you have to do is the following:

• Like Texx and the City on Facebook
  • Comment on the bottom of this blog post and answer the following question…
  • If you won a bottle of Crystal Head Vodka, how would you drink it?

Winner will be announced and contacted on Friday the 15th of December.

28 responses to “Win With Crystal Head Vodka”

1. Mia van Zyl says:

I like to drink good vodka with a few blocks of ice small sips at a time

2. Megan Brits says:

I’d drink it with some fresh lime while I have a staring competition with the bottle (spoiler alert, the bottle won).

3. bianca els says:

If drink it with my skull shaped ice blocks. In my skull shaped tumbler #skullobsessed

4. Pamela-lee Hockly says:

I would drink it with Soda Water or on it’s own over ice.

5. Dayle says:

Straight out of the bottle. I’d be living my best life drinking out of a skull

6. Carl Judas Piek says:

Under a full moon alongside a bonfire whilst trying to commune with Cthulhu!

7. Clay Gordon Henry Alexander-Si says:

I’d save it for either a birthday or new years, make a mission somewhere high up (mountain or tall AF building) with one or two best homies and crack it open in time for sunset.

8. Quinton says:

Blues Brothers style! Dressed in a suit, Ray Bans and an american police interceptor… Parked of course!

9. Hadlay M says:

The first round will obviously be a neat shot with friends to enjoy the actual taste after which we’ll get wasted making vodka cocktails for the rest of the day.YES! We’re day drinking!!

10. Dominique Rollino says:

Floating on a flamingo on a hot summers day

11. fred says:

Clean…

12. Jess Manim says:

Neat. Straight from the bottle while staring down my enemies/small children (same, same, really)

13. Lizzy Mills says:

Naked. I will drink it naked, with a straw, smokign a big havannah. Floating on a lilo, in my pool. Listening to Abba hits, taking selfies with my new homie Texx. hehe #gangstaaf

14. ursula @urkila says:

nothing but spirit and thus nothing but vodka. NEAT AF! This will for sure take up front and center in my display cabinet….I love skulls, think y profile pics says it all. 😉

15. Khulani Black Threat Mtimkulu says:

After it having spent the night in the freezer, I would definitely hit it neat with some of my favorite Jolhomiesburg alcohol enthusiasts. if not on a rooftop somewhere, then on a lilo would have to do. Pool not necessary.

16. KeenyKeenz says:

With friends, maybe New Years night on the stoep recapping the best laughs and lowest lows. Cheers!

17. Alta says:

Ek sal hom netso drink, neat. And I’ll drink it alone by myself. Hehe, my precious…. No sharing. 💀

18. Rosie Wilcock says:

I would drink mine neat over ice
    So I could appreciate it quality and purity

19. Pete Blackbeard says:

I’d drink it alone, in the dark, whilst playing the blues and wearing sunglasses so no one can see my tears. I’d pay special attention to not let any tears get in the bottle because real bluesmen drink vodka straight, not martinis or other nonsense. Then I’d sacrifice a chicken to the ghost of John Belushi

20. kyle solms says:

I would drink it out of the skulls of my enemies, obvs

21. Warren van Rensburg says:

I would drink it on a pirate ship somewhere undisclosed while broadcasting live South African music like Texx and the City all over the world( I would need quite a stash though as we wouldn’t be docking often).

22. Kristi de Freitas says:

I mean when vodka is that good, you really just want to drink it clean right? But I don’t know if I want to get drunk on good vodka so I think I’ll do the good ol’ double shot with Red Bull on ice, and be a fancy festive season bitch and chuck a few pink peppercorns, pomegranate, and blood orange slice with it. 🙌🏼 Like that just screams give it to me! Oh and I’d probs enjoy said drink on a balcony overlooking the ocean. Coz why not right?!

23. Kristi Beitz says:

24. Eërleth Strauss says:

Straight out of the skull because Joey doesn’t share ok…..ok…. Maybe the first sip and then I will come to my senses and savour it with my mates

25. Tier whiting says:

I would drink it cold over ice, how else would you drink it? With vodka this good, you bet I’m not sharing!! 😏

26. Durand Pelser says:

Like in mother russia squatting next to golf in adidas tracksuit straight frum bottle.

To be honest, I’ll have it with a few mates and make some spaacie cocktails but clean as well. I’m indecisive okay. Vodka is just cool.

27. Durand Pelser says:

Wait. I’m a day late. Psh.