The dates for Rocking the Daisies 2014 have been announced as taking place from Thursday, 2 October to Sunday, 5 October 2014. For the past two years, Rocking the Daisies has sold out well before the gates opened, with last year’s event selling out a full five weeks in advance.
This high demand for Daisies tickets has resulted in the need for a more secure ticketing and accreditation system. In order to combat fraud, the re-selling of tickets at higher prices and to improve security at the festival, Daisies has adopted an internationally aligned ticketing format.
• Each festival attendee will need to register with his or her ID or passport number
• Sales are limited to four tickets per buyer via credit card, EFT or cash deposit
• The buyer will need their friends’ name, email address and cell number when buying a ticket for them (it is recommended that the friend is also pre-registered)
• The friends’ ticket will only be validated once they have completed the registration process themselves
• Everyone’s original ID, passport or driver’s license is subject to a check against their ticket upon arrival at the festival (no certified copies accepted)
• If an ID or passport number doesn’t match the ticket of the attendee then they will be denied entry into the festival
• If you are not 18 years old by the time the festival starts you will be unable to register or attend the festival
• Any incomplete registrations will be invalid
From 9 – 23 May, pre-registration will be open to the public. Those who pre-register will get exclusive first access to buying RTD tickets and the bonus of a discounted ticket price. Ticket prices for those who pre-register:
• Full Weekend Pass – R695 (full price is R750)
• Two Day Pass (Sat/Sun) – R595 (full price is R650)
From 24 – 26 May, pre-registration will be closed.
• On closing of pre-registration a notification will be sent to remind all those who pre-registered that they will receive notification when ticketing goes live on 27 May
From 27 May – 1 June, ticket sales will be open exclusively to those who have pre-registered and those who didn’t pre-register by 23 May will not be able to buy tickets yet.
• A notification email and SMS will be sent to remind all those who pre-registered when ticketing goes live on 27 May
• Pre-registered people will have six days in which to pay for their discounted tickets
• On 2 June any unpaid tickets will go back into the ticketing system and be on sale at full price
• As tickets are limited and subject to availability, pre-registering does not guarantee or reserve anyone a ticket, but it will move festival goers one step closer to it
• Official ticketing channels are Rocking the Daisies’ official website, Facebook page and directly here
• Please do not trust any third party ticket portals, websites or sellers!
On 2 June, full price ticket sales open and all remaining tickets (if available) will only be sold at full price. Should tickets sell out before 2 June, full price ticket sales will not take place
Full Ticket Prices
• Full Weekend Pass – R750
• Two Day Pass (Sat/Sun) – R650
• Sunday Pass – R200
• Cycling the Daisies – R500
• Campervan – R500 (excl. ticket)
• Walking the Daisies registration will open at a later date
• Gate Price (if not sold out) – R800
Tickets are transferable but will be limited to one free transfer per ticket.
For those who want to rock out in style, the Heartbreak Motel, a division of Felix Unite Tented Camps is offering luxurious accommodation here.
Artist and trader applications are now open here.