At TATC we pride ourselves on showcasing the best in underground and independent talent, which is why we’re incredibly excited about our new competition alongside Toyota US Woordfees to find the cream of that unsigned crop.
The winning act of Band Or Bust will walk away with a R10 000 cash prize, the recording of a single produced by Theo Crous & Karen Zoid at Mothership Studios, as well as an EPK of the process, and a professional photo shoot.
Submissions will be judged by Theo Crous (musician & producer) Wynand Myburgh (musician & band manager) Misha Loots (BNAS co-founder & music festival producer) and TATC’s editor & founder, Tecla Ciolfi. The 4 judges will pick 5 finalists who will all perform at the first Band Or Bust event on Saturday the 7th of March at Stellenbosch University Visual Arts Quad. The winner will be announced at the end of the evening. Tickets are available here on Computicket.
Entries are now open and will close on Friday the 31st of January at 10am.
The 5 finalists will be announced on TATC on Friday the 7th of February.
To enter you have to do the following:
- Email your submission to email@example.com
- Make sure to include “BAND OR BUST SUBMISSION” and the name of your act in the subject line
- Your submission must include – a biography, a high res photo, social media handles and most importantly a link for us to listen to your music
- The music you submit can be an album, EP, or an individual track
- You can submit links for us to listen to your music on streaming services
- You can submit unreleased tracks as attachments in your submission
Some Ts & Cs:
- You cannot enter if you work for or are affiliated with Woordfees or TATC
- You must be an independent musician
- You must not have an existing deal with any record label
- The winning act will receive their R10 000 no later than 30 days after the competition
- The winning act will receive their photo shoot no later than 30 days after the competition
- TATC will assist the winning act in liaising with the studio as to when the recording will take place
- If selected to participate in the final, musicians are responsible for their own travel & accommodation