Def Jam Africa this month announced Rhythms of Zamunda, a compilation to accompany the release of the Coming 2 America film today.
To help tell the story of Coming 2 America, music by many African acts has been included in the new movie. From amapiano to zouglou-inspired songs, Rhythms of Zamunda is a 16-track body of work that traverses Western, Eastern and Southern African soundscapes to connect with Northern America and the rest of the globe.
It features, amongst a host of others, a myriad of genres introduced by the likes of Nigeria’s Tiwa Savage and Tekno, the late DJ Arafat from Côte d’Ivoire, South Africa’s Prince Kaybee and Msaki as well as Fally Ipupa from the Democratic Republic of Congo.
The lead single from Rhythms of Zamunda is “Black & White” by South Africa’s wordsmith and wunderkind Nasty C. On it, the hip hop artist features American soul singer, Ari Lennox and gives the listener a glimpse into the possibilities of love when two people stop complicating it.
Featuring songs about love, chasing dreams, identity, triumph over trials and more, this compilation is a Pan-African project that bridges the distance between countries and cultures.
Check out the full tracklisting below:
- Black & White – Nasty C ft. Ari Lennox
- Owo Ni Koko – Larry Gaaga & Umuobiligbo
- Magnet – Locko
- Skeletun – Tekno
- Overdue – Tellaman Feat. Sha Sha & Oxlade
- Jiggy Bop – Alpha P & TMXO
- Dosabado – DJ Arafat
- Fetch Your Life – Prince Kaybee Feat. Msaki
- Dangerous Love – Tiwa Savage (DJ Ganyani Amapiano Radio Edit Remix)
- Moya Omubi – Th&o.
- Hallelujah – Diamond Platnumz Feat. Morgan Heritage
- Ye Mama – Toofan Feat. Fally Ipupa
- Ain’t It True – Bonj
- Loke Loke – Gemini Major Feat. ANATII
- Shesha – De Mthuda & Njelic
- Everything – Ricky Tyler